Indeed I am a sucker for facial masks because it is a regime that I love to do especially when I just got out from a very stressful week. Not only it helps in cleansing and moisturizing your face, it will also help you feel pampered and relaxed at the same time.
(Oh! And by the way this is my first product review blog. Yey!)
So the first product that I'm going to feature is Queen Helene: The Original Mint Julep Masque. I have been looking for a very great facial mask, especially one that will cool your face and cleanse it. I also have occasional breakouts. So yes! Helping to treat those stubborn blemishes and pimples is definitely a plus. Here in Philippines, good quality facial masks are quite hard to find. Well for my standards of course. I have a very sensitive skin, and by saying that I really mean it. A lot of facial products can fry my skin that I would look like a tomato after using it. I was exploring and checking out facial masks at Watsons, there are cheap and good facial masks there. However, finding a clay type mask is quite a bit challenging. There are cream types I found but then my face itched when I used them. Which is why, I ended up going over to the internet. And that's where I found the Queen Helene: The Original Mint Julep Masque. I'm also addicted with minty things that's why I got very interested. Sadly, I failed to find this in SM Malls or any stores that are near at my place. I got mine from an online seller for Php 250(approx.$5). There are only few online shops that sell it here in Philippines. Luckily I found one!
So here are the claims:Mint Julep Masque is the original natural home treatment developed by a dermatologist that helps dry up acne pimples, rinse away blackheads and shrink enlarged pores. Simply apply Mint Julep Masque to your clean face and neck. Within minutes it firms and hardens, drawing out impurities from your pores. After the Masque is removed, your skin will feel clean, refreshed and smooth. Even for individuals who are fortunately free of skin problems, Mint Julep Masque is a refreshing facial treatment that helps relax tired muscles and ease tension lines on the face and neck.
Ingredients: water, kaolin, bentonite, glycerin, zinc oxide, propylene glycol, sulfur, chromium oxide greens, fragrance, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben.
This Mint Julep Masque is a green clay. Its texture is somewhat similar with a typical white toothpaste but slightly firmer. Actually, it also smells like a spearmint toothpaste. But I don't find its texture and smell bad. Unless if you don't like mint. To use it, you need to spread the product generously all over your face and down to your neck. It feels cool on your skin when you apply it. And when it's on your face you can slightly smell the sulfur. Well FYI, sulfur is good for getting rid of pimples which is why I figured out how this might really help my skin.
Here's how it looks like when I applied it on my face(right). I look like an alien from an old Sci-Fi movie. Haha! After 15 minutes, your skin will tighten as it dries up. Then you will have to wash it with warm water and Voila! It really does leave your skin feel refreshed and very clean. Even after my first wash, I really felt good about this product. Believe it or not it really helped in reducing the redness and the size of my pimples. However on my blackheads, I think I have to update you on that since one wash is not enough to see the results. Well to summarize what I think about this product here are my likes and dislikes.LIKES
- Cool on your skin. Thus very relaxing especially for someone who lives in a tropical country.
- Helps in drying out pimples.
- Tightens the skin. After using it, your skin will feel very smooth.
- It definitely cleans your skin.
- The price is right. Not too expensive for a big tube (8oz) of product.
- The packaging. I find it quite difficult to control how much product to extract from the tube. Be very careful because sometimes the product might fly all over the place.
- The slight smell of sulfur (some of you might find it nasty)
WILL I REPURCHASE THIS PRODUCT?
Definitely! But I really do hope it will be also available in stores not just in online shops to make it more accessible for us Filipinos. By the way, I heard some men also use this product so its for everyone. Yey! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment